Welcome! Thanks for considering submitting a talk to TEDxSeattle. We’re growing every year and 2017 promises to be our best year yet! TEDxSeattle will be held on Saturday, November 18th, 2017 in gorgeous McCaw Hall in Seattle. We expect to sell out the 2,800 seat hall for our day-long event. In addition to speakers, the event will feature entertainers, TED videos, and interactive exhibits in the lobby. Leading up the big day, speakers will also have a chance to participate in community events and gala parties.
Advice for Getting Accepted
We want you to be successful and have a great experience when submitting to TEDxSeattle. Below you’ll find everything you need to help craft a compelling submission. Please read through all the materials before making your final submission.
TEDx Talks are about ideas worth sharing. To better understand how we think about ideas, please watch Chris Anderson’s video (below) and download our PDF How to Think About an Idea.
Tips for Submitting
- Tell us your idea in just a sentence or two. Don’t tease us. Give away your idea in a clear and compelling way.
- Tell us why this idea needs to be heard by this audience, at this moment.
- Let us know why you’re the best one to deliver this talk. What is it in your background or experience that makes you the ideal choice to share this idea?
- Remember, you’re an expert on this subject, but we aren’t. Convey your idea clearly and simply to the submission committee and to the TEDx audience.
- Please don’t mention any company or product names even for non-profits. Pitching is not a part of a TEDx Talk.
- Keep the audience in mind as you craft your pitch. Our audience is a broad cross-section of the public – everyone from students to world leaders. They all have one thing in common: they want a transformative, relevant experience.
- Remember that you’re one of many submitting ideas, so we may receive similar ideas from other applicants. The best way to distinguish your submission is to make the idea clear.
- You don’t have to be a professional speaker to be selected. Our professional coaches will work with you!
- Watch lots and lots of TED and TEDx videos.
Before you fill in the form below and upload your content, please make sure you’ve included the following:
✔ 1-2 sentences that communicates your idea worth spreading
✔ A link to a :30 second video (phone is fine) on YouTube explaining your idea. Tell us why our audience needs to hear your idea now and why you’re the best one to share it. (For more help visit our Video submission tips page)
✔ Any links that provide examples of you speaking or documents that provide additional background for you or your idea.
Please click on the button below and fill in the form to submit your speaker proposal. We recommend that you read through the questions before submitting.
We have a team of professional designers who can work with a speaker on their presentation materials once the talk is finalized.