Here are the first eight topics, and nine speakers, for TEDxSeattle 2017
- Dr. Fariba Alamdari, Vice President of Marketing & Value Analysis, Boeing Commercial Airplanes
Embracing diversity through a personal perspective
- Steve Davis, President and CEO, PATH
A “How To” on eliminating a global disease
- Patty Haven Fleischmann, President of Stolen Youth
Ending child trafficking
- Jennifer Hansen, Senior Officer in Knowledge & Research, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
Making academic research free to everyone
- Jim Haven, Wondernaut
The wonder-inspiring ability of the night sky
- Rex Hohlbein and Jenn LaFreniere, The BLOCK project
The backyard approach to ending homelessness
- Charlie Swan, Co-Founder, Pacific Hyperloop
Seattle to Portland in 20 minutes?
- Jevin West, Assistant Professor, University of Washington
Learning how to become an expert at recognizing BS
Why spend the day at TEDxSeattle? Serendipity
Serendipity is defined as the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for. It’s a good description of what people experience attending an independently organized TED event like TEDxSeattle. The line-up of speakers and entertainers is curated to bring together a vast range of ideas around a central theme. This year’s theme is Changing Places. The speakers and customized audience experiences are designed to support the mission of ideas worth spreading. Join the conversation on November 19th. Here’s a look at our event last year.
Want to learn more? Take a look at last year’s TEDxSeattle event.
Music by David Fesliyan @fesliyanstudios.com
|Date||November 18, 2017|
|Time||9:00 AM to 4:30 PM|